Tuesday, January 18, 2011

the kiff

It's a fact that there are many things which exist that I do not know about. I would list some, but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to stuff I don't know. It's also a fact that I can educate you about things that you don't know exist. Forthwith follows my WISHLIST OF THINGS THAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW EXISTED BUT ARE KIFF that has been growing for some time now. Not everything is expensive, but all of them are dubbed "pretty kiff" by yours truly. Hopefully (probably) I'll own some of these one day :)
1. The Global Puzzle
Price: $15
Site: Mental Floss
Link: here

How cool is this thing? I've totally always wanted to learn the countries of the world better. I used to do it here (freepoverty's site is really awesome, by the way) but this is cool too!




2. Air Mail Mighty Wallet
Price: $15
Site: X-treem Geek
Link: here


I love this so much! I have a heart for things that look like other things but are really the first things. Haha :)




3. Bluetooth Retro Handset
Price: $25
Site: ThinkGeek
Link: here


I saw this once in a store at Campus Square and have forever regretted not buying it. Although I don't think the model on the link wouldn't work with my phone (it doesn't have Bluetooth 2.0 capabilities, because 2.0 didn't exist when it came out), I've dreamed for years of the moment when my phone rings amongst a group of cool, sophisticated people, and I pull one of these out of my bag!


4. iPhone App Magnets
Price: £7
Site: Firebox
Link: here


With my own iPhone not so far off in the distance, I think this would make an awesome addition to any fridge. You could pretend your fridge is a giant iPhone! Someone should totally invent a giant iFridge! That would be awesome! :P


5. Ninjabread Men Cookie Cutters
Price: £7
Site: Shiny Shack
Link: here 

If I wasn't so frightened of invoking the wrath of my local Ninja gang by eating their image in cookie form, I would totally buy these.


 
6. 500XL Speakers
Price: £24.99 
Site: Shiny Shack
Link: here 

I want them! They're so cool! Plus, if I ever find out I have a giant relative, or wanna treat my pet elephant to some classic tunage, I'll be sorted! :) 

 
7. Gunbrella
Price:  £14.99
Site: Shiny Shack
Link: here
  
I like this for 3 reasons: (1) I don't own an umbrella, and it's raining outside. (2) This is awesome. (3) This is awesome. 






8. Vinyl Style Recordable CDs
Price: £7.99
Site: Shiny Shack
Link: here


Ahh I need new adjectives! These are cool and awesome too! :) I love making mix tapes for people (and love getting them... *hint*) and I think these would make them so much more... awesome!
 
9. A Retro Flip Clock
Price: £32.99
Site: Shiny Shack
Link: here


Eish, I don't think I would pay as much as R300+ for this, but I can't let my dreams of the phenomenon in Groundhog Day happening to me just die, can I? And how could it possibly happen without an awesome retro flip clock?




10. Ice Invaders Ice Tray
Price: $7.99
Site: Silly.com
Link: here


I just think these would be so much fun to eat - revenge I say! And there's nothing like killing an invader by putting it in your Coke and watching it melt to death!!







And that's that! Top Ten Things You Didn't Know Existed But Really Want Now! If I did this every time I spent the day sick in bed with the flu, the world would be a much happier, less ignorant, altogether kiffer place :)

4 comments:

  1. I like that you like retro. But having been there myself, with a flipclock and actual LPs AND big black phones on which we talked to each other for hours, i can honestly say: retro ain't what it used to be. Enjoy the now, or your memories. Buying memories is expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUDY!!! i just got the ice invaders for my brother for christmas! i will rush off to the abu dhabi mall and get you some... hold thumbs they are still there :D
    I also love the speakers - too cool and awesome (to use your favourite adjectives!)
    and one last thing - so stoked i have a b.log to read that belongs to someone i actually know! loving it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks Kim! That would more than cool and awesome!! :P And thanks for reading! You inspire me! :)

    And to anon... You are wise. I wonder who on earth you are. By the way, what's for supper tomorrow? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy Jay! i love all this stuff. but especially the Global Puzzle. and the retro phones. and the Gunbrella. and the vinyl style recordable CDs. and... gee whizz, everything is just phenomenal. seriously.

    and Fred is the bestest! that company makes the most ridiculously amazing things ever. my Sindi bought herself Russian doll measuring cups while we were in the States (which i will be using to make my cake today, of course) and they're Fred-designed.

    and also, you should just know that i'll be commenting on every blog post of yours from now until eternity. cause every single one of your posts are KIFF.

    and speaking of kiff... http://bit.ly/evqjq3

    ReplyDelete