Friday, March 16, 2012

Concerning Gardens

Today was a beautiful day in beautiful Paris. The weather was warm and sunny, and Tash and I decided to take full advantage.

Our first mission out with the Paris public bike system didn't go too well. After an amazing start (and by amazing, I mean WOO TURNS OUT I CAN RIDE A BIKE!), we were shouted at for riding our beautiful bikes in the park. I almost challenged the park security to a race (me on a bike vs them in a golf cart), but, considering I don't know how to say "Screw you I'm taking my bike with me!" in French, I decided to leave it. Meh. We dropped off our bikes at a nearby station after 500m of crazy Parisian roads, and decided to change our plans.

This Plan B involved grabbing some delicious fruit at the market and catching a metro to the Jardin de Luxembourg, on the Left Bank. It's astounding, and romantic, and packed, and spacious, and amazing. There're long stretches of grass to picnic on (just ignore the signs if there are crowds), benches every 5 meters, huge pools with fountains and duckies, and about every oh-so-in-love couple in the city. Tash and I made out picnic on the fountain-side, golloping down strawberries and sights. We people-watched and surreptitiously photographed children (in a non-creepy way). Basking in the sun while crowds quietly mingle was the perfect way to spend the afternoon.

What a beautiful place I live in. I can't wait to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment